come to those who've come to help...


What is the study of dinosaurs called?

If I wanted to study dinosaurs for a living then what would the career be called? If someone asked me, "what do you study?", then what do I call it?

Posted in General, asked by Inila, 6 years ago. 2056 hits.


The study of dinosaurs is called Paleontology, therefore if you pursued this as a career, you would be called a Paleontologist.

Paleontologists actual study fossils which include dinosaurs and other types of fossils. With this qualification you could choose to focus only on dinosaurs if other fossils didn't interest you, but you may come across some very interesting finds on your digs.

In order to study dinosaurs as a career, you would need the right qualifications and training. Most employers would require a PhD level qualification. You would then most likely work for a university, college or museum, or perhaps a government funded survey and research team.

6 years ago
Please register/login to answer this question.  Click here to login
- Just now


Just now